A typical standings table will show the NHL teams in one of four ways: League, Conference, Division or Wild Card.
Let’s take the win loss/record of 20-10-3:
- 20 Wins: 2 points each for: 40 points.
- 10 Loses: 0 points.
- 3 Overtime/shootout loses: 1 point each for: 3 points.
- Total: 40+0+3 = 43 points.
- 1 What do the 3 numbers mean in hockey?
- 2 How does the standings in the NHL work?
- 3 What do the abbreviations in hockey standings mean?
- 4 What does STRK mean in hockey?
- 5 Can you wear 69 in NHL?
- 6 Can you wear number 69 in the NHL?
- 7 How do you read hockey stats?
- 8 How is NHL point percentage calculated?
- 9 What does OFC mean in hockey?
- 10 What does RW mean in NHL standings?
- 11 What does TP mean in hockey stats?
What do the 3 numbers mean in hockey?
The 3 numbers next to an NHL team’s name or logo refers to their “ Wins-Regulation Losses-Overtime Losses” record (ex: 62-16-4). Regulation and overtime losses are separated because of their value in the standings.
How does the standings in the NHL work?
If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order: The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage). The greater number of games won, excluding games won in Overtime or by Shootout (i.e., “Regulation Wins”).
What do the abbreviations in hockey standings mean?
Game Standings “GP” is the number of games played. “W” tells you how many of those games were won. “L” stands for how many games were lost in regulation time, and “OTL” or “OL” tells you how many games were lost in overtime or in a shootout. “T” is the number of games that ended in a tie.
What does STRK mean in hockey?
STRK is the team’s current streak of consecutive wins or losses.
Can you wear 69 in NHL?
Fun fact: Desjardins and forward Melvin Angelstad (two games with the Washington Capitals in 2003-04) are the only players in NHL history to wear No. 69.
Can you wear number 69 in the NHL?
Desjardins won the Stanley Cup with the Chicago Blackhawks in 2015. He is also notable for being one of only two players in NHL history to have worn the number 69, with the other being Mel Angelstad.
How do you read hockey stats?
GP – Games played – Number of games the player has set foot on the ice in the current season. G – Goals – Total number of goals the player has scored in the current season. A – Assists – Number of goals the player has assisted in the current season. P or PTS – Points – Scoring points, calculated as the sum of G and A.
How is NHL point percentage calculated?
P% – Points Percentage Points percentage is calculated by dividing the total points in the PTS column with total possible points for all games played (2 pts per game).
What does OFC mean in hockey?
– OFO = Offensive Zone Face Offs Won By Team. – OFOW% = Percentage of Offensive Zone Face Offs Won By Team. – DFO = Defensive Zone Face Offs Won By Team. – DFOW% = Percentage of Defensive Face Offs Won By Team. – H = Hits By Team.
What does RW mean in NHL standings?
RW stands for Regulation Wins and was introduced in the 2019-20 NHL standings, next to the ROW column. The NHL now considers regulation wins more valuable than overtime wins. So when two or more teams are equal in points, the team with more regulation wins will rank higher, even with a lower ROW total.
What does TP mean in hockey stats?
What does TP stand for in Sport? Points (Pts) Credited to a player who records either a goal or an assist. AS of 01-Mar-2021.