12-9, Edmonton Oilers Over Chicago Blackhawks (Dec. 11, 1985) In the modern era, the record for highest-scoring NHL game is held by the Edmonton Oilers and Chicago Blackhawks. In the 1980s, the Oilers were on fire, thanks in no small part to center Wayne Gretzky, rightly considered the best player of all time.
- 1 What is the highest-scoring game in hockey?
- 2 What is the most goals scored in one NHL game?
- 3 What is the biggest win in NHL history?
- 4 Can Ovechkin catch Gretzky?
- 5 Who scored 7 goals in one NHL game?
- 6 What’s the longest NHL game?
- 7 What is the fastest 3 goals in NHL?
- 8 What NHL player has the most hat tricks?
- 9 What’s the worst loss in NHL history?
- 10 Who scored 10 goals in one hockey game?
- 11 Is Mario Lemieux better than Gretzky?
What is the highest-scoring game in hockey?
The most goals scored by a National Hockey League team in a single match is 16, by the Montreal Canadiens in their 16-3 victory over the Quebec Bulldogs on 3 March 1920.
What is the most goals scored in one NHL game?
The most goals scored by an individual in an NHL game is seven by Joe Malone for the Quebec Bulldogs in their game against the Toronto St. Patricks in Quebec City on 31 January 1920. The Quebec Bulldogs won the game 10-6.
What is the biggest win in NHL history?
The most one-sided game in NHL history took place in Detroit on January 23, 1944, when the Red Wings blanked the New York Rangers, 15-0.
Can Ovechkin catch Gretzky?
Ovechkin is going to have a tall task ahead of him to catch Gretzky and it will require some of the best seasons ever by a player of his age each year for the rest of his career. But what he has done to this point is he has made the impossible no longer feel that way.
Who scored 7 goals in one NHL game?
And only one player in history has ever scored seven goals in an NHL game— Maurice Joseph “Phantom Joe” Malone. Malone, skating for the Quebec Bulldogs, set the record more than 90 years ago, on Jan. 31, 1920, to be exact. Malone was the NHL’s first star in its inaugural 1917-18 season.
What’s the longest NHL game?
Top 10 Longest Overtime Games in NHL Playoff History:
- 116:30, 6 OT – March 24, 1936: Detroit at Montreal Maroons (1936 NHL Semis)
- 104:46, 6 OT– April 3, 1933: Toronto vs.
- 92:01, 5 OT – May 4, 2000: Philadelphia at Pittsburgh (2000 Eastern Conference Semis)
- 90:27, 5 OT – August 11, 2020: Tampa Bay vs.
What is the fastest 3 goals in NHL?
Bill Mosienko of the Chicago Blackhawks holds the record for the fastest three goals by one player; he had a hat trick in 21 seconds against the Rangers on March 23, 1952.
What NHL player has the most hat tricks?
Wayne Gretzky has gotten the most career hat tricks, with 50 hat tricks.
What’s the worst loss in NHL history?
Montreal Canadiens Defeated Toronto Maple Leafs 11-0 in 1944 There have been some massive blowouts in NHL playoff history, though none were bigger than the Montreal Canadiens’ 11-0 lambasting of the Toronto Maple Leafs on March 30th, 1944.
Who scored 10 goals in one hockey game?
Only one player, Darryl Sittler, scored more than eight points in a game, setting the NHL record with 10 while playing for the Toronto Maple Leafs in 1976.
Is Mario Lemieux better than Gretzky?
Gretzky is widely regarded as the greatest player in NHL history and holds nearly every possible offensive record. Lemieux has the second-highest points-per-game rate in history and appeared in less than 1,000 games but remains one of the best to ever play.