The general rule for the proper hockey stick length is that the end of the stick should come to about the nose. If the player’s skates are on, the stick should come up to the chin. Please note that this is a general rule of thumb for hockey stick height and can change with personal preference.
- 1 How do you size a hockey stick?
- 2 How tall are pro stock hockey sticks?
- 3 How tall are NHL players sticks?
- 4 Is my hockey stick too long?
- 5 How long is Chara’s stick?
- 6 What is hockey stick lie?
- 7 What is the tallest hockey stick?
- 8 How tall are CCM senior sticks?
- 9 How high can you raise a hockey stick?
- 10 What makes a hockey stick illegal?
- 11 What should be the thickness of hockey stick in inches?
How do you size a hockey stick?
The most common rule of thumb for sizing your stick is this: When standing in your skates, the end of a stick held with the toe of the blade on the floor should fall between your chin and nose. Players fond of short sticks will have the end of stick at throat height, while long sticks might hit you at the eyebrows.
How tall are pro stock hockey sticks?
ORDER PRO STOCKS Many pro players are over 6 feet tall and therefore their sticks are made to be taller. These taller hockey sticks are generally made with a 64 inch one-piece shaft, compared to the typical 60 inch shaft in retail.
How tall are NHL players sticks?
Hockey stick shafts can be a maximum of 63″. Blades, 12.5″ long. Players 6’6″ and taller may be granted an exemption upon written request to the League. Even then, the NHL still imposes an absolute maximum length of 65″ for hockey stick shafts.
Is my hockey stick too long?
If the blade of the stick is flat against the ground, the stick is the proper length. If the toe is up, the stick is too long. If the heel is off the ground, the stick is too short.
How long is Chara’s stick?
Chara is 6-foot-9 and uses a 67-inch shafted stick.
What is hockey stick lie?
And there are hockey stick lies every player should consider very carefully: The lie of your hockey stick is the angle of the shaft in relation to the blade when the blade’s bottom edge is flat against the playing surface.
What is the tallest hockey stick?
Zdeno Chára, the NHL’s tallest player ever at 2.06 metres (6 ft 9 in), has a special exemption to use a 67-inch (170 cm) shafted stick.
How tall are CCM senior sticks?
This stick is 55″ tall for senior and 51″ for junior.
How high can you raise a hockey stick?
3. How high can you swing your hockey stick? In the game of field hockey, you are not allowed to swing your stick higher than your shoulders. When you’re taking a free hit or starting a corner, you cannot backswing your stick too high as that would be considered dangerous.
What makes a hockey stick illegal?
An illegal hockey stick refers to a playing stick that violates the outlined rules regarding the material, length, width, and curve of both the blade and shaft of the stick. A playing stick is not allowed to extend past sixty-three inches (63″) in length from the end of the shaft to the heel.
What should be the thickness of hockey stick in inches?
The wall thickness of the hockey stick shaft can vary from about 0.07 to 0.1 inches, preferably about 0.075 to 0.095 inches and most preferably about 0.080 to 0.085 inches. The shaft 12 is preferably made using the technique of pultrusion.