When choosing the right flex, you should consider your weight, playing style, and personal preference. But as a general rule, choose a stick with a flex that’s one-half of your body weight, rounded down. So a 160-pound player should use around a 75 flex stick.
- 1 How do I know what hockey stick to buy?
- 2 What is the best type of hockey stick?
- 3 What is the lightest hockey stick?
- 4 What is considered as the ideal weight of hockey stick?
- 5 How much is a good hockey stick?
- 6 How do I choose a youth hockey stick?
- 7 What field hockey sticks do pros use?
- 8 How tall is a junior hockey stick?
- 9 What do you use to cut a hockey stick?
How do I know what hockey stick to buy?
Rule of thumb: Start with a flex that’s half your body weight and adjust from there. Height: Standing in your stocking feet, toe of the blade on the floor and between your feet, stick parallel to your body, the butt of the shaft should reach your nose — no higher than your brow, for sure, no lower than your chin.
What is the best type of hockey stick?
10 Best Field Hockey Sticks (2021)
- Malik Gaucho. Editor’s Choice. All Positions.
- Kookaburra Stick. High Performance. Goalies.
- Grays GX1000. Budget Friendly. Defenders.
- Grays SURF 500. Junior’s Choice. All Positions.
- STX Surgeon. All Positions. 595 grams.
- Grays GX7000. Defenders/
- STX XT 701. Midfielders.
- STX Starter Pack. Full Starter Kit.
What is the lightest hockey stick?
The all new Limited Edition Bauer Supreme ADV Hockey Stick offers Elite level power, control and velocity all while coming in at 375 grams, the lightest Supreme ever made!
What is considered as the ideal weight of hockey stick?
2.16 Inclusive of any additional coverings used, the stick must pass through a ring with an interior diameter of 51 mm. 2.17 The total weight of the stick must not exceed 737 grams.
How much is a good hockey stick?
Hockey sticks cost between $30-$300 depending on the quality and design. Wood sticks are the cheapest, followed be composite and then carbon fiber sticks which are lighter and offer more powerful flex when shooting on net. You’ll benefit more from a more expensive hockey stick the better you are at the game.
How do I choose a youth hockey stick?
To ensure an ideal fit, have your child wear skates, if possible, and place the end of the blade (the toe) on the ground. The end of the stick (the butt) should come up to his or her chin or slightly below. If your child is not wearing skates, the stick should rest at the tip of their nose.
What field hockey sticks do pros use?
Best Field Hockey Sticks – For Elite/Advanced Players
- Grays GX5000.
- STX Surgeon.
- GRAYS GR7000 Ultrabow.
- GRYPHON Taboo Striker Samurai.
- TK Synergy S4.
- Adidas TX Compo 2.
- STX Field Hockey Stallion.
- Grays Jumbo Composite.
How tall is a junior hockey stick?
Adult (or Senior) sticks are generally in the 60-inch range, Intermediates around five inches shorter, Juniors in the 46- to 54-inch range.
What do you use to cut a hockey stick?
To make the cut, brace the shaft right next to the cutting point, so the stick doesn’t wiggle while you’re sawing. A bench vise works best for this task. A hacksaw will make a good cut in a composite shaft, but make sure to make a perfectly square cut. Use short, sharp strokes and cut all the way through the shaft.