To measure, you should hold your stick at your side and the top should be 2 inches below your waist. The Dutch method is based on holding the head of the stick in your armpit. The stick should end near the middle of your kneecap. Field hockey sticks’ length varies from 28” to 38”.
- 1 How do you measure a child for a hockey stick?
- 2 How are hockey sticks measured?
- 3 How long of a hockey stick do I need?
- 4 How do I find the best field hockey stick for me?
- 5 What size should a field hockey stick be?
- 6 How are Bauer hockey sticks measured?
- 7 What is the difference between an intermediate and senior hockey stick?
- 8 How long is Crosby’s stick?
- 9 What is hockey stick lie?
- 10 How is Flex stick calculated?
- 11 Are there left handed field hockey sticks?
- 12 Are field hockey sticks supposed to be bent?
- 13 What is a good field hockey stick?
How do you measure a child for a hockey stick?
HOCKEY STICK LENGTH GUIDE
- Junior Hockey Sticks are available in sizes 24” up to full size 36.5”.
- To measure a child (5 Ft 2” or under) hold the hockey stick at their side and it should be at their hip or belly button.
- If you cannot decide between two lengths, you should consider your child’s position.
How are hockey sticks measured?
When purchasing sticks online, remember that some companies measure length straight down the shaft to the bottom of the blade’s heel. Others measure from the top of the shaft to the floor when the blade is standing on its toe with the shaft against a wall. Don’t buy a longer stick for a younger player to grow into.
How long of a hockey stick do I need?
Your stick should be anywhere from 1 to 2 inches below or above your chin. Keep in mind that shorter sticks may be great for puck handling, but might not have a powerful shot. Long sticks give you reach and could even help you develop a commanding slap shot with minimal effort.
How do I find the best field hockey stick for me?
Midfielders should choose an average-size stick of about 21 ounces to accommodate offensive and defensive plays. Forwards often go for a lightweight stick less than 21 ounces. Most players carry at least two sticks for practice or play. If you switch positions, you may choose a stick for each position.
What size should a field hockey stick be?
A defensive player or midfielder may prefer a longer stick in order to drive the ball further, and an offensive player might select a shorter stick for better handling and control. Sticks can range from 28” – 37.5” or more. Typically, the stick should come up to the top of your hip bone.
How are Bauer hockey sticks measured?
(NOTE: Stick length is measured from the stick’s heel point of contact with the playing surface to the top of the shaft.)
What is the difference between an intermediate and senior hockey stick?
Stick Length and Flex An intermediate hockey stick typically is about 54 inches long; a senior hockey stick usually is 56 to 63 inches long. The amount of flex in the stick depends on how much you cut off from the top of the stick. A rule of thumb is that the more you cut off, the stiffer the flex.
How long is Crosby’s stick?
Sidney Crosby uses a very short stick, only 54 inches long. It suits his style. He can bend low to the ice, drop his shoulder to protect the biscuit and he’s able to keep the puck on a leash in tight spaces in the corners, and around the net.
What is hockey stick lie?
And there are hockey stick lies every player should consider very carefully: The lie of your hockey stick is the angle of the shaft in relation to the blade when the blade’s bottom edge is flat against the playing surface.
How is Flex stick calculated?
HOW TO CALCULATE HOCKEY STICK FLEX
- Divide the player’s weight (in lbs.) by two. Example: for a player who weighs 180 lbs., 180 ÷ 2 = 90.
- Adjust for strength and height. Round up for taller and stronger players.
- Adjust for stick length. If adding more than 3 inches, go up in flex.
Are there left handed field hockey sticks?
According to the rules of the International Hockey Federation, left-handed field hockey sticks are illegal for use in sanctioned competitions or field hockey tournaments. While it is possible to obtain a customized left-handed field hockey stick, you will not be able to use it during official competition.
Are field hockey sticks supposed to be bent?
The stick handle may be bent or ‘deviated’, in a smooth curve only, once only to either side. It is therefore possible to have a hockey stick with a handle deviation to the front or toe side or a handle deviation to the back or ‘heel’ side or a stick-handle that is bent once to both the toe and ‘heel’ sides.
What is a good field hockey stick?
Best Field Hockey Sticks – For Elite/Advanced Players
- Grays GX5000.
- STX Surgeon.
- GRAYS GR7000 Ultrabow.
- GRYPHON Taboo Striker Samurai.
- TK Synergy S4.
- Adidas TX Compo 2.
- STX Field Hockey Stallion.
- Grays Jumbo Composite.