To measure, you should hold your stick at your side and the top should be 2 inches below your waist. The Dutch method is based on holding the head of the stick in your armpit. The stick should end near the middle of your kneecap. Field hockey sticks’ length varies from 28” to 38”.
How do you measure a child for a hockey stick?
HOCKEY STICK LENGTH GUIDE
- Junior Hockey Sticks are available in sizes 24” up to full size 36.5”.
- To measure a child (5 Ft 2” or under) hold the hockey stick at their side and it should be at their hip or belly button.
- If you cannot decide between two lengths, you should consider your child’s position.
How do you measure a hockey stick without skates?
A good way to measure your stick is to stand, without skates in your stocking feet, on a flat surface. Place the toe of your stick on the ground between your feet. Lean the stick straight up-and-down so the handle of the stick touches the tip of your nose.
What do you need for field hockey?
Safe Field Hockey Gear
- Cleats. Choose a pair of shoes with molded cleats or ribbed soles.
- Shin guards. Field hockey shin guards, which are made of plastic and foam, wrap farther around the lower leg and offer more ankle protection than soccer shin guards.
- Safety or sports glasses.
Can you cut down a field hockey stick?
having the proper stick length can drastically affect your game. A trimmed down stick will now “feel” stiffer because there is less room between your hands, and by cutting down the stick you have lost leverage. When you shorten your hockey stick, it will perform more like a stick with a higher flex number.
Why are field hockey sticks so short?
The short stick is still used today because of its efficiency on a field where the player’s boots grip onto the surface. Players tend to bend forward when running and striking the ball on such a surface compared to ice. The short stick compliments this position and enables you to put your body’s weight into the strike.
Who makes the best field hockey sticks?
10 Best Field Hockey Sticks (2021)
- Malik Gaucho. Editor’s Choice. All Positions.
- Kookaburra Stick. High Performance. Goalies.
- Grays GX1000. Budget Friendly. Defenders.
- Grays SURF 500. Junior’s Choice. All Positions.
- STX Surgeon. All Positions. 595 grams.
- Grays GX7000. Defenders/
- STX XT 701. Midfielders.
- STX Starter Pack. Full Starter Kit.
How long is Connor Mcdavid’s stick?
Measured from top of the shaft to start of the heel is 63.5”, his blade is approx 10” long with the height of the Blade being approx 2 1/4” at the heel, 2 1/2” mid-blade & 2 3/4” at the toe.