Most professional hockey players use the mid-80s to low 100s flex hockey stick. A flex rating in this range offers the pros the right stiffness or flexibility for their position and personal preference.
- 1 What flex sticks do NHL players use?
- 2 What flex stick does Auston Matthews use?
- 3 Who uses the highest flex stick in the NHL?
- 4 What flex stick does Connor McDavid use?
- 5 What hockey stick does Connor McDavid use?
- 6 What Flex does Patrik Laine use?
- 7 How do you pick a flex for a hockey stick?
- 8 What Flex does Phil Kessel use?
- 9 What is 85 flex hockey stick?
- 10 What stick zegras use?
- 11 What stick does Max Pacioretty use?
What flex sticks do NHL players use?
With that all said, the majority of NHL players use a stick with flex in the 85-100 range. Forwards tend to use a lower flex. Some players with a notable low flex are Johnny Gaudreau with a 55 flex and Phil Kessel with a 65 flex.
What flex stick does Auston Matthews use?
Matthews revealed in an interview with Bauer that he likes an especially whippy stick, using an 80 flex stiffness along with a Joe Sakic curve. Most people are familiar with the P92 Sakic curve that comes stock with most brands, but the 80 flex is interesting.
Who uses the highest flex stick in the NHL?
The moment anyone starts talking about hockey stick flex, Zdeno Chara’s name comes up. The 6-foot-9 Boston Bruins defenseman is known for having the stiffest stick in the NHL, typically playing with a 150 or 155-flex stick in a league where anything in three digits is considered stiff.
What flex stick does Connor McDavid use?
McDavid says the flex he uses is “pretty stiff, actually”. He uses an 85 flex that’s cut down a bit. He explains his stick, curve, and flex in the YouTube video below. He says he’s a guy who doesn’t shoot a lot and likes to have the puck on his stick and perform stick handling.
What hockey stick does Connor McDavid use?
Connor McDavid is also well known for his older stick model choice, sticking with an original Super Tacks. He has tried a few of CCM’s newer sticks, but has always come back to his trusty Super Tacks.
What Flex does Patrik Laine use?
For all of you stick nerds, Patrik Laine uses an 87 flex. Good whip enhanced by his quick release.
How do you pick a flex for a hockey stick?
HOW TO CALCULATE HOCKEY STICK FLEX
- Divide the player’s weight (in lbs.) by two. Example: for a player who weighs 180 lbs., 180 ÷ 2 = 90.
- Adjust for strength and height. Round up for taller and stronger players.
- Adjust for stick length. If adding more than 3 inches, go up in flex.
What Flex does Phil Kessel use?
The most well-known version of this is with Phil Kessel who has a truly unique shot, and has been known to use a 65-flex. Some other players use a similarly low-flex and many of them are goal scorers known for their shooting as well.
What is 85 flex hockey stick?
To refresh your memory: an 85 flex stick requires 85 pounds of force to bend the stick 1 inch with a full length stick. Seems simple enough, right? However, hockey is a game of preference so, just because you weigh 170 does not mean that you must use an 85 flex.
What stick zegras use?
World Junior Team USA Trevor Zegras Bauer 2N Pro XL Hockey Stick LH-77 Flex-P92.
What stick does Max Pacioretty use?
Warrior Alpha DX Senior Hockey Stick – HockeyStickMan.