When choosing the right flex, you should consider your weight, playing style, and personal preference. But as a general rule, choose a stick with a flex that’s one-half of your body weight, rounded down. So a 160-pound player should use around a 75 flex stick.
- 1 How do I know what hockey stick is best for me?
- 2 What stick do most NHL players use?
- 3 Is Gretzky left-handed?
- 4 What side should a lefty play in hockey?
- 5 What hockey stick does Connor McDavid use?
- 6 What stick does Alex Ovechkin use?
- 7 What sticks do pros use?
- 8 How tall is a junior hockey stick?
- 9 How do you buy a hockey stick for a child?
How do I know what hockey stick is best for me?
Rule of thumb: Start with a flex that’s half your body weight and adjust from there. Height: Standing in your stocking feet, toe of the blade on the floor and between your feet, stick parallel to your body, the butt of the shaft should reach your nose — no higher than your brow, for sure, no lower than your chin.
What stick do most NHL players use?
Far and away the most popular stick for NHL players is the Bauer Nexus 1N. Used by 90 players in the 2016-17 season, it is a stick that favors neither brute force nor slickness.
Is Gretzky left-handed?
2: Wayne Gretzky. “The Great One” is actually right handed, but since he accomplished his NHL records using a lefty stick he makes the list.
What side should a lefty play in hockey?
The general advice is that if you shoot left you play left, and vice-versa for the right. There are some clear advantages to this approach, but there are also good reasons—particularly for forwards—to try playing on the opposite side.
What hockey stick does Connor McDavid use?
Connor McDavid is also well known for his older stick model choice, sticking with an original Super Tacks. He has tried a few of CCM’s newer sticks, but has always come back to his trusty Super Tacks.
What stick does Alex Ovechkin use?
How long he’s been using it: Ovechkin has been using CCM sticks throughout his career, but the model typically varies from season to season. He used the CCM Vector last season. Why he likes it: “I really like the feel of it,” Stamkos said. “It has a good kick point and it is extremely durable.
What sticks do pros use?
Breakdown by Brand
- 34.3% of NHL players use CCM Sticks.
- 31.8% of NHL players use Bauer sticks.
- 19.7% of the NHL players use Warrior sticks.
- 9.9% of the NHL use Easton sticks.
- 2.6% of the NHL use True sticks.
- 1.3% of the NHL use STX sticks.
- 0.3% of the NHL use Sherwood sticks.
- 0.1% of the NHL use Reebok sticks.
How tall is a junior hockey stick?
Adult (or Senior) sticks are generally in the 60-inch range, Intermediates around five inches shorter, Juniors in the 46- to 54-inch range.
How do you buy a hockey stick for a child?
To measure a child (5 Ft 2” or under) hold the hockey stick at their side and it should be just under their hip or belly button. If you cannot decide between two lengths, you should consider your child’s position.