A good goals against average will fall between 2.00 and 2.70 for NHL goaltenders. Anything between 2.70-3.00 is considered respectable, while below 2.00 is very exceptional.
- 1 What is a good save percentage in hockey?
- 2 Who has the lowest GAA in the NHL?
- 3 What is a good GAA?
- 4 What is the most common NHL score?
- 5 Who is the #1 goalie in the NHL?
- 6 Who is the best goalkeeper in hockey?
- 7 Who is the best hockey player of all time?
- 8 Can Ovechkin catch Gretzky?
- 9 How is GAA and save percentage calculated?
- 10 How is GAA calculated in hockey?
- 11 Which NHL team has the most goals this season?
What is a good save percentage in hockey?
A respectable NHL save percentage falls anywhere between 0.900 and 0.920. Anything below 0.900 is generally considered weak, while a value greater than 0.920 is exceptional. Keep in mind that the save percentage is only one of several stats used to measure a goalie’s level of success.
Who has the lowest GAA in the NHL?
Lowest Goals-Against Average, Career (Minimum: 100 Games Played)
- Alec Connell. SEN, DFL, NYA, MMR. 418.
- George Hainsworth. MTL, TOR. 465.
- Charlie Gardiner. CHI. 316.
- Lorne Chabot. NYR, TOR, MTL, CHI, MMR, NYA. 412.
- Tiny Thompson. BOS, DET. 553.
- Roman Cechmanek. PHI, LAK. 212.
- Dave Kerr. NYA, MMR, NYR. 430.
- Dominik Hasek. CHI, BUF, DET, OTT.
What is a good GAA?
It is typically given to two decimal places. The top goaltenders in the National Hockey League currently have a GAA of about 1.85-2.10, although the measure of a good GAA changes as different playing styles come and go. At their best, elite NCAA water polo goalies have a GAA between 3.00 and 5.00.
What is the most common NHL score?
The most common outcome is a 3-2 final, occurring 10.6% of the time, distantly followed by 4-2, and 2-1, each coming in at 7.7% and 7.6%, respectively. Another way to put it is that for any given game, a 3-2 final score is more likely than the winning team scoring seven or more goals.
Who is the #1 goalie in the NHL?
1) Andrei Vasilevskiy, Lightning Vasilevskiy is without question the best goalie in the world. He ranked fourth in save percentage, fifth in GAA, second in goals saved above average (20.82) and third in high-danger save percentage (. 850) while facing the second-most shots (1,282) of any netminder.
Who is the best goalkeeper in hockey?
1. Andrei Vasilevskiy, Tampa Bay Lightning. The reigning Vezina Trophy winner as the best goalie in the NHL, Vasilevskiy was 39-10-4 with a 2.40 goals-against average, a. 925 save percentage and six shutouts last season.
Who is the best hockey player of all time?
The 5 Greatest Hockey Players Ever
- Wayne Gretzky.
- Bobby Orr.
- Mario Lemieux.
- Gordie Howe. Before Wayne Gretzky rolled around, Gordie Howe was and remains the only other play in NHL history to record 800-plus goals.
- Jaromir Jagr. This name might come as a surprise to some being so high on the all-time list.
Can Ovechkin catch Gretzky?
Ovechkin is going to have a tall task ahead of him to catch Gretzky and it will require some of the best seasons ever by a player of his age each year for the rest of his career. But what he has done to this point is he has made the impossible no longer feel that way.
How is GAA and save percentage calculated?
In order to determine the save percentage, the formula consists of dividing the number saves made by the number of shots on goal. Take this number and work it out to 3 decimal places. For example, if a goaltender faced 45 shots and allowed 5 goals, his save percentage is.
How is GAA calculated in hockey?
It is calculated by dividing the number of minutes played by 60 minutes (one game) then dividing the goals against by that answer (the calculation does not count empty net goals or shootout goals). Example: If you allowed 4 goals in 180 minutes your GAA is 1.33 (180 divided 60 = 3. 4 divided by 3 = 1.33).
Which NHL team has the most goals this season?
The Colorado Avalanche scored the most goals by a team in 2020-21, with 197 scored.