The average hockey stick size for adults is 36.5 inches.
Hockey Sticks Length.
|Player Height||Stick Length|
|5ft – 5ft 4in||36 inch|
|5ft 4in – 6ft 2in||36.5 inch|
|6ft 2in – 6ft 5in||37.5 inch|
|Above 6ft 5in||38 inch|
- 1 How do you measure a child for a hockey stick?
- 2 How do I choose the right hockey stick?
- 3 What is the best type of hockey stick?
- 4 How do you measure a hockey stick without skates?
- 5 What size is a youth hockey stick?
- 6 How do you buy a hockey stick for a child?
- 7 How long is Crosby’s stick?
- 8 How long is Connor Mcdavid’s stick?
- 9 Are all hockey sticks the same?
How do you measure a child for a hockey stick?
HOCKEY STICK LENGTH GUIDE
- Junior Hockey Sticks are available in sizes 24” up to full size 36.5”.
- To measure a child (5 Ft 2” or under) hold the hockey stick at their side and it should be at their hip or belly button.
- If you cannot decide between two lengths, you should consider your child’s position.
How do I choose the right hockey stick?
When choosing the right flex, you should consider your weight, playing style, and personal preference. But as a general rule, choose a stick with a flex that’s one-half of your body weight, rounded down. So a 160-pound player should use around a 75 flex stick.
What is the best type of hockey stick?
10 Best Field Hockey Sticks (2021)
- Malik Gaucho. Editor’s Choice. All Positions.
- Kookaburra Stick. High Performance. Goalies.
- Grays GX1000. Budget Friendly. Defenders.
- Grays SURF 500. Junior’s Choice. All Positions.
- STX Surgeon. All Positions. 595 grams.
- Grays GX7000. Defenders/
- STX XT 701. Midfielders.
- STX Starter Pack. Full Starter Kit.
How do you measure a hockey stick without skates?
A good way to measure your stick is to stand, without skates in your stocking feet, on a flat surface. Place the toe of your stick on the ground between your feet. Lean the stick straight up-and-down so the handle of the stick touches the tip of your nose.
What size is a youth hockey stick?
Typically, players like a stick to stand between their chin and nose on skates. The standard stick length is as follows: Junior = 46-53 inches. Intermediate = 54 inches.
How do you buy a hockey stick for a child?
To measure a child (5 Ft 2” or under) hold the hockey stick at their side and it should be just under their hip or belly button. If you cannot decide between two lengths, you should consider your child’s position.
How long is Crosby’s stick?
Sidney Crosby uses a very short stick, only 54 inches long. It suits his style. He can bend low to the ice, drop his shoulder to protect the biscuit and he’s able to keep the puck on a leash in tight spaces in the corners, and around the net.
How long is Connor Mcdavid’s stick?
Measured from top of the shaft to start of the heel is 63.5”, his blade is approx 10” long with the height of the Blade being approx 2 1/4” at the heel, 2 1/2” mid-blade & 2 3/4” at the toe.
Are all hockey sticks the same?
– Hockey sticks used to come one size fits all. If players wanted a better fit, it required lots of do it yourself, cutting, sanding, heating and bending the stick into a shape and size that fit them.